Thursday, September 12, 2013

Physique Mistake - Over Isolating

FOLKS - COMPOUND MOVES !!!! A few times a year, I will receive emails from people wanting advice about training and weight loss or development of specific muscle groups. In reality, they do not want to hear it, they want some miracle answer.

Focusing too much on isolation limits developing the body and fitness level you are striving for. Muscle building (remember KEY to metabolism) requires heavy compound movements (see many earlier blog postings on my site). The heavier compound exercises have a greater impact on natural physique-building hormones such as testosterone and growth hormone (GH). Ladies – I am not talking about bulking up. We ladies also need these same hormones.

Isolation moves has its place AFTER compound moves, mainly to work on any weakness areas and imbalances. But these should NOT be the heart of your lifting session.

Reminder - Compound exercises: Presses, squats, deadlifts, rows, dips and pull-ups.

Stay tuned…………….

1 comment:

  1. Helpful information. Fortunate me I found your site accidentally,
    and I'm stunned why this twist of fate did not happened in advance!
    I bookmarked it.

    ReplyDelete