Friday, May 25, 2012

Creamy Basil Dressing/Dip

On our farm, we grow lemon and lime basil plants; I look for more and more ways to use our fresh basil.  This recipe is excellent for taste and healthy eating.   I use it for both a dressing and a dip (with my pork rinds).    ENJOY…

Ingredients

1 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
½ of a freshly squeezed lemon for the juice
¼ to ½  cup fresh basil leaves  (chopped or you can slice lengthwise into strips)  I use a ½ cup as I love fresh basil.
1 small shallot chopped
1 small clove of garlic, chopped
Dash of sea salt

Preparation
In blender or food processor, combine yogurt, vinegar, lemon juice, chopped/strips of basil, shallots, garlic, and salt and puree until very smooth. 


Adapted from  Epicurious  | November 2006

Stay tuned……..

No comments:

Post a Comment