Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Just Label It: We Have a Right to Know

As many of you know, I grew up on a farm. My father farmed around 1,000 acres, (lots of corn, soybeans and feeder cattle), worked as a farm hand, education in farming including 4H and FFA and now own a small farm. My ideas about farming have evolved over time and I feel pretty strongly about this issue.

So, you may be wondering what this has to do with strength training! Well, we should be aware of everything we eat -- we focus a lot of nutrition and on the quality of our nutrients. To me, this is just one more part of that story.

Check out this video about GMO foods -- that is, "genetically modified organisms." 92% of Americans want the FDA to label genetically engineered foods. You can decide if it is right for you, but we should at least be informed.

http://youtu.be/9Ep4uxbhsvI

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment