Wednesday, October 24, 2012

More than the Number

Fitness (for that matter life) is more than a number………..    I often have to remind myself of that.   For those of you that know me, I am a total OCD personality. 

Number on a scale, number of reps, number of lbs. on the bar, how fast we ran, how long we ran, how much weight we lost, etc…….  

The drive to do heavier, faster, better is a positive thing that keeps us moving forward.   However, do not let it ruin your fitness journey.   We have to do the thing that I struggle the most with……..balance.   My drive wants me to do heavier every single week in lifting.   Reality is that is impossible.  Otherwise, I would be lifting the house up right now.   Reality is some days will be gains, some days will be lesser and some days will be stable.   How much sleep we get, what we did in our “real lives” that day or the day before, workload, mindset, it all plays a part into our daily fitness routines. 

Consistency and intensity are the keys to a lifelong healthy journey.    The “numbers” will change as our environments change.  Being consistent and keeping up the intensity is what prevails over time.

Stay tuned………….

1 comment:

  1. What's Happening i'm new to this, I stumbled upon this I have found
    It absolutely useful and it has helped me out loads.
    I am hoping to contribute & assist other customers like its
    helped me. Good job.

    ReplyDelete